Ms Orlova was born on 9 December 1953 in Moscow.
She graduated from the All-Union Juridical Institute (1976).
1992–1993 – researcher of the All-Russian Research Institute of Forensic Examination of the Ministry of Justice of the Russian Federation.
1993–1993 – leading specialist of the Commission of the Council of Nationalities of the Supreme Council of the Russian Federation on national-state structure and interethnic relations.
1993–1994 – leading specialist of the Legal Department of the Commission of Legislative Assumptions under the President of the Russian Federation, Presidential Executive Office.
1994–1995 – expert in the sector of legal support of draft laws in the State Duma and the Federation Council of the Apparatus of the Plenipotentiary Envoy of the President of the Russian Federation in the Federal Assembly.
1995–1996 – consultant of the group on relations with the chambers of the Federal Assembly of the Department of Interaction with the Chambers of the Federal Assembly of the State Legal Department of the President of the Russian Federation.
1996–2004 – consultant, advisor, head of the department, deputy head of the Directorate – head of the Main Presidential State-Legal Directorate.
2004–2018 – desk officer of the Presidential State-Legal Directorate.
On 20 October 2018 Ms Orlova was appointed as a Member of the Central Election Commission of the Russian Federation by the decree of the President of the Russian Federation.
Order of Honor, medal of order “For merit to the Fatherland” (I degree), medal “For merit in holding all-Russia population census”, badge “For guidance.” Honored lawyer of the Russian Federation.
In the CEC of Russia Ms Orlova coordinates the following activities:
1) preparation of opinions of the CEC of Russia on draft federal laws, positions of the CEC of Russia on the responses sent to the Constitutional Court of the Russian Federation, to the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation;
2) preparation of opinions on compliance of laws and other regulatory legal acts of constituent entities of the Russian Federation with the Federal Law "On basic guarantees of electoral rights and the right of citizens of the Russian Federation to participate in a referendum" and other federal laws regulating electoral rights and the right to participate in the referendum of citizens of the Russian Federation;
3) monitoring of law enforcement activities and preparation of proposals to improve law enforcement practice and legislation;
4) monitoring and analysis of the legislation of the constituent entities of the Russian Federation on elections and referendums for compliance with Federal legislation;
5) legal training of voters, participants of election campaigns, professional training of members of commissions and other administrators of elections, referendums, publication of methodological materials. The Republic of Mordovia, the Perm Region, the Novgorod Region, the Omsk Region, the Penza Region, the Rostov Region, the Samara Region